Labex MME-DII - Call for proposals 2021-3
Labex MME-DII is an inter-disciplinary project financed by ANR within its PIA2 (Investment for the Future) program, gathering around 160 researchers specialized in such areas as economics, mathematics, and physics, from six higher education and research institutions of the Île-de-France region:
- CY Cergy Paris Université with the research centers THEMA (Théorie Economique, Modélisation et Applications, UMR 8184), AGM (Analyse Géometrie Modélisation, UMR 8088), and LPTM (Laboratoire de Physique Théorique et Modélisation, UMR 8089)
- ESSEC Business School with the research center CERESSEC (Centre d’Études et de Recherche en Sciences Sociales, Economiques et Commerciales)
- Université Sorbonne of Paris Nord with the research centers CEPN (Centre d'Economie de l'Université Paris-Nord, UMR 7234) and LAGA (Laboratoire Analyse, Géomëtrie et Applications, UMR 7539)
- Université Paris Nanterre with the research center MODAL’X (Modélisation aléatoire de Paris Ouest Nanterre La Défense, EA 3454)
- Université Paris II Panthéon-Assas with the research center LEMMA (Laboratoire d'économie mathématique et de microéconomie appliquée)
- Université d'Evry-Val-d'Essonne with the research center EPEE (Centre D'Étude Des Politiques Économiques, EA 2177)
Labex MME-DII researchers develop a joint research agenda centered on mathematical, economic, and financial modelling that can be broadly organized into the following axes:
- Complex systems
- Models of uncertainty, extreme risks, and rare events
- Finance and risk management
- Firms, markets, and information
- Public and development economics
- Environmental economics
Labex MME-DII issues three calls for proposals per year, with decisions announced within a month of each call's closing date. The following funding schemes are available within the present call:
- PhD scholarships. Labex MME-DII provides 55,000 € of funding in compensation for a 3-year doctoral contract starting in September or Ocbober 2021, including a research budget of 2,500 € available to the PhD student over the course of the contract (as per French regulations, the PhD student's gross salary must be at least 1,769 € per month without teaching duty). The contract must be offered by a doctoral school of one of Labex MME-DII's participating institutions and based in one of Labex MME-DII's research centers. The student must hold a master's degree by the starting date of the contract. The application must be submitted by the student's PhD supervisor (or a co-supervisor). Prospective PhD students cannot apply directly but are welcome to make contact with research centers to express their interest.
- Postdoctoral fellowships. Labex MME-DII provides 96,000 € of funding in compensation for a 2-year postdoctoral contract starting in the fall 2021, including a net salary of at least 1,900 € per month without teaching duty and a research budget of 6,000 € available to the postdoctoral fellow over the course of the contract. The contract must be offered by one of Labex MME-DII's participating institutions and based in one of Labex MME-DII's research centers. The fellow must hold a PhD degree by the starting date of the contract. The application must be submitted by the fellow's postdoctoral mentor. Prospective postdoctoral fellows cannot apply directly but are welcome to make contact with research centers to express their interest.
- International chairs to host high-level international researchers at one of Labex MME-DII's research centers for a duration ranging from 2 to 12 months. Besides conducting research, chairholders contribute to Labex MME-DII's scientific activity by offering advanced courses, giving seminar presentations, and co-orgainzing scientific events. Funding partly or fully covers expenses related to travel, accommodation, organization of scientific events, and a visiting professor salary. The application must be submitted by the chairholder's host researcher.
In all cases, the applicant must be a member of Labex MME-DII. Proposals are selected on the basis of their scientific quality, relevance to Labex MME-DII's agenda, inter-disciplinary nature, and socio-economic impact.