Labex MME-DII - Call for proposals 2022-1
Labex MME-DII is an inter-disciplinary project financed by ANR within its PIA2 (Investment for the Future) program, gathering around 160 researchers specialized in such areas as economics, mathematics, and physics, from six higher education and research institutions of the Île-de-France region:
- CY Cergy Paris Université with the research centers THEMA (Théorie Economique, Modélisation et Applications, UMR 8184), AGM (Analyse Géometrie Modélisation, UMR 8088), and LPTM (Laboratoire de Physique Théorique et Modélisation, UMR 8089)
- ESSEC Business School with the research center CERESSEC (Centre d’Études et de Recherche en Sciences Sociales, Economiques et Commerciales)
- Université Sorbonne of Paris Nord with the research centers CEPN (Centre d'Economie de l'Université Paris-Nord, UMR 7234) and LAGA (Laboratoire Analyse, Géomëtrie et Applications, UMR 7539)
- Université Paris Nanterre with the research center MODAL’X (Modélisation aléatoire de Paris Ouest Nanterre La Défense, EA 3454)
- Université Paris II Panthéon-Assas with the research center LEMMA (Laboratoire d'économie mathématique et de microéconomie appliquée)
- Université d'Evry-Val-d'Essonne with the research center EPEE (Centre D'Étude Des Politiques Économiques, EA 2177)
Labex MME-DII researchers develop a joint research agenda centered on mathematical, economic, and financial modelling that can be broadly organized into the following axes:
- Complex systems
- Models of uncertainty, extreme risks, and rare events
- Finance and risk management
- Firms, markets, and information
- Public and development economics
- Environmental economics
Labex MME-DII issues three calls for proposals per year, with decisions announced within a month of each call's closing date. The following funding schemes are available within the present call:
- Scientific projects: either exploratory projects, for which up to 5,000 € can be requested, or ongoing projects, for which up to 2,000 € can be requested. Funding typically covers research stays and/or data collection or acquisition. Equipment and conference participation are not eligible for funding.
- Scientific events: seminars, conferences, workshops, summer schools, or thematic cycles consisting of a series of such events together with advanced courses around a unifying theme.
- Master's study grants of 7,000 € for the academic year 2022-2023. Labex MME-DII covers the full cost of the grants. The master's program must be offered by one of Labex MME-DII's participating institutions. The application must be submitted by the director of the master's program, who will subsequently award the grants to their most deserving students.
In all cases, the applicant must be a member of Labex MME-DII. Proposals are selected on the basis of their scientific quality, relevance to Labex MME-DII's agenda, inter-disciplinary nature, and socio-economic impact. Within the scientific projects and scientific events schemes, targeted funding is available to proposals with a strong focus on inter-disciplinarity and/or impact.